Letting go and letting God

Ever have a friend completely betray you unexpectedly? Of course, we all have. But how can you truly learn to let go when their actions hurt so bad? I had no choice to let this one go because I could feel it consuming me IMMEDIATELY and I knew it would (and kind of already did) get a little ugly.

Ironically, I received this a few days after the initial back-stabbing event was brought to light and it really spoke volumes:

ON THIS DAY, GOD WANTS YOU TO KNOW....
that letting go makes you wealthier. Wealth is never measured by what you have, but by what you can give away. You are rich with money when you can afford to donate. You are rich with love when you can give love freely. You are rich with God when you can behold your enemy with compassion.

I immediately asked God to forgive me and the person with whom I was angry. I received the message that God has something bigger and better for me. It is, after all, only a name right? It still stings and there are so many avenues I could go with this matter because God is a God of law and order; however, she isn't worth my time. She had already done numerous things to prove that we weren't really friends anyway and I honestly didn't like her much by this point. But it wasn't what she did that bothered me so much, it was the sneaky, deceptive, under-handed way it was done. I may sound like a broken record when I say this but, "it aint what ya do, its how ya do it". It's about respect, it's about doing what's right, and most importantly, it's about KARMA!!!! And I definitely don't wanna be on karma's bad side!!!

So as I sit back and speak positive things into my life and out into the universe, I also pray for those who try to come against me. I can't let anyone get the best of me. I'm in a much better place in my life now to let this one little road block ruin my groove. I am no longer worried about the situation and I am letting this one go and letting God.........

No comments:

Post a Comment